Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm Aliiiiiiiiiiiive!!!

I'm kinda back.  Like I said, busy semester, and with gas prices and horse feed prices currently engaged in a space race comparable to the one during the Cold War, only faster, there really isn't much budget left over for pretty stuff.  So it's been just work work work, don't fail Chemistry again, goof off with some Tolkein or Civilization III...

Until today.

I bought a record player cabinet/trunk/thingy.

Unfortunately I couldn't wait to de-ugly it long enough to even think of taking a before picture.  It was gutted messily and I was already halfway across the face of it with some spray paint before the light clicked on that I should take a picture.



I also ran out of paint, so this next is its temporary state, until someone gets home to help me unload the sucker.  Even with its innards stripped out (at this point, having HulkSmashed the electrical innards and supports, this is just a shell), this thing is heavier than lil' ol' me can handle.  Not that I wasn't perfectly capable of smashing out a lot of it with just a hammer...


Maybe someday I'll clean out the inside enough to transform this into a trunk or something, since the lid opens up all nice-like.  Or maybe it'll be content being a shell.  But my hutch will sit on top of this, off the floor at last with its lovely collection of books, and I think it'll look a ton better.

As I've stated before, you're not allowed to judge me for the trashy looking space around my residence.  I just rent here, and the owners keep a LOT of stuff just sitting around.  And I would not let that chickenhouse just lean like that.  Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment