Hola! So I finally finished that dratted dresser. After many, many, many, many, many coats of crappy black paint, which I finally finished up with a coat of spray-on poly, which left white marks on the black, and so which finally got sprayed over with All-Purpose Rustoleum (at $9/can, it had better finally protect those drawers!), as well as getting those shelves finished out (thanks, Dad!), and the top stained (and resanded and restained again after a surprise rain spotted the finish)....
The dresser is finished and out of my hair!
And no, it's not crooked, I've got one side propped up on a skateboard so I can maneuver this monster around without having to ask for help.
Thank goodness! I was actually rather sick of dealing with that thing. There's only so many repaintings and touchups that I have patience for (and I'm really not a very patient person).
So let's compare this to the before:
So now, after I got my awesome Bernina Activa 210 sewing machine for Christmas (really my only Christmas present, except for a crazy whisk that my brother got me - I have a thing for whisks), I have begun the easiest project under the sun - slipcovering wingchairs!
Using the handy-dandy tutorial from Much To Do With Nothing's blog, I have made a cushion cover, which I messed up somewhat, and I'm working on the rest of the chair today. LOTS AND LOTS of pinning, marking, and cutting. I feel like I'll spend all of today just making pieces to stick together tomorrow.At least I can use these pieces to trace out pieces for the other chair... lol! But compare that green and white fabric peeking out to the white all over. SO much brighter in that dark room!
But that's it for now!